Friday, December 3, 2010

More shots of Overlook Park, N. Fremont at N. Interstate, on Saturday, October 16.

DSC_0532p
Here's the tree from my December 1 post, a wider view taken the side of the tree, to the left of that photo. I think the presence of the people gives you an idea of its size.

DSC_0552p
This is the tree that I've noticed every year when I go to Kaiser Interstate to get my flu shot. To get closer to it to take this photo is the reason I made my way into the park. Here in particular, I'm looking back towards Kaiser--the white building you can see part of on the right. On the left, a spirited soccer game played out on the grass.

Come back tomorrow for photos of people engaged in various activities in Overlook Park on this sunny Saturday.

The 10.93 acre park was acquired by the city in 1930. Amenities at the park Include baseball field, basketball court, disabled access picnic area, disabled access restroom, dog off-leash area, paths – paved, paths – unpaved, picnic site – reservable, picnic tables, playground, soccer field, softball field, track, and volleyball court.

3 comments:

Lois said...

Drape some Spanish moss on that tree and it looks like it could be located right here in Tallahassee! I love those branches.

Lowell said...

The park is gorgeous and a real asset to your city! And I love that tree...is it an oak, I wonder? As Lois said, it's reminiscent of some of our Florida trees...

Lowell said...

Hi Lynette...thanks for the note. I'll be interested in what you find out!

Meanwhile, have a great week!