Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Say good-bye to Duncan

duncan_coat_bed_framed
Today I made one of the hardest decisions I have ever made in my life, to say good-bye to Duncan, the darlin' dachshund, who has been a part of our lives for 16 and one half years.

I want to share some photos of him with you in the next few days, as I become able to look at them and post them. Here he is on October 20, 2007, sitting on Mama's bed and wearing his "girly" hounds-tooth-checked coat--at least that's what the guys' thought of the coat. Mama and I adored seeing him in it.

Thank you to all of you for your prayers and expressions of concern for that sweet little dog and all of us, his humans.

He is already missed.

9 comments:

Yolanda said...

Oh Lynette. I am so so sorry. I will pray for you and for Duncan's peace. My heart is breaking for you :(

Rowen said...

Been there. So hard. We’re thinking of you.

Unknown said...

Oh, Lynette! I am so sorry. One thing I had wanted to ask you as I returned to your site was about Duncan, and how awful to see this post.

You may remember my wonderful Decker. He passed very suddenly and unexpectedly two weeks after we arrived in Las Vegas last summer. I am still sick to death over it. The vets in Nashville had misdiagnosed him (He had lymphoma.). Had they gotten it right 2 yrs ago, he'd still be here.

Anyway. . . I know you must be absolutely heartbroken. Give Mama a hug for me, as I know she is, too.

Much love,
Chris

Jim Klenke said...

Sorry, for your loss. We just lost our oldest dog who was 16.

WendyB said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry for you. What a beautiful picture. I love his girly coat!

gogouci said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photo and memory.

Clytie said...

How wonderful of you to share your many years of memories and love. A great way to remember Duncan.

My heart goes out to you ...

Jilly said...

Lynette, I'm so very sorry to hear of Duncan's passing. It's so so sad when we lose our beloved pets - for many of us, I know, they are everything and I'm sure Duncan was to you and your Mama. Duncan had a wonderful life with you and Mama and you with him and you have so many wonderful memories. 16 and a half years is one long time for a little dog but of course it doesn't help. Time helps, that I know and who knows, perhaps one day, in Duncan's memory you'll be able to open your heart to another dog. Our hearts are always big enough for another dog yet we never forget those that went before. What a gorgeous dog he was. There's something about a dachshund that is oh so appealing, especially the minis and your boy sure had it.

Big hug to you and Mama and thank you for telling me. Jilly xxx

Amy said...

I am so sorry about Duncan. It's never an easy decision...