Friday, September 28, 2007

Goodwill Stores and Halloween Costumes--They go together like trick or treating, ghosts and goblins, haunted houses and screams.

092807_goodwill_shoes_window

Last week I stepped off the No. 15 bus and saw these silver boots in the window of the Goodwill store on Burnside. Oh, to have younger legs and feet! I'd have flown through the automatic-opening-door in a flash, to buy them if they fit. I will have to settle for enjoying them in my photo because in a few days they were gone from the window. I'm hoping serendipity strikes and I come across the new owner who will agree to being photographed for the blog. Yep, this City Daily Photo Blog thing is great fun for me.

12 comments:

GMG said...

Lovely pictures on your blog!
Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. Just left Bali on Blogtrotter; posting on Singapore on the way back to Europe...
Have a great weekend!

GMG said...

Lovely pictures on your blog!
Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. Just left Bali on Blogtrotter; posting on Singapore on the way back to Europe...
Have a great weekend!

dot said...

Lynette, you are doing a great job on your blog. I enjoy it so much! Yesterday I was looking for murals on the walls of businesses as I went about shopping. Didn't see any but you inspired me to look.

• Eliane • said...

These are very chunky heels.You need to be super tall and super skinny to have a chance to make that work. Maybe. I like the silver touch though.
Wouldn't it be cool if you found its new owner? Maybe you could stick your picture on the window with a little note "new owner wanted for blog picture!", Lol! This blogging IS fun!!

Denton said...

Bravo to those who shop and Goodwill and to those who donate to Goodwill.

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi Lynette,
Wow what a boots, that reminds me that ( when I was 18) I painted my boots silver, with leatherpaint, so when you want silver boots, just piant them yourself!!

Have a good weekend!
JoAnn from Holland

FĂ©nix - Bostonscapes said...

Yeah, photoblogging is fun-tastic, isn't it? Haven't been to a Goodwill store in ages - they used to reek of tobacco, I hope they don't anymore.

Unknown said...

I like your pictures of your lifetime in Portland.

dot said...

Thanks for looking at my pictures. Hope you (and Mamma) have a great weekend!

Neva said...

I like goodwill stores.

ft. lauderdale daily photo said...

Finally got over to your site. Thanks for the visits to Fort Lauderdale Daily Photo. As for this shot, I love the shoes, the colors, everything. --gigi

Anonymous said...

Cool boots!

joy
Your Love Coach