Sunday, August 31, 2014

Seen at the Safeway Waterfront Blues Festival, No. 3, July 3, 2014 - It wasn't his hat that I noticed first.





DSC_0552

Y'all, I feel pretty good about this photo. In fact, it's one of my favorites that I've taken, period. You're seeing it straight out of the camera. However, it's not the first photo that I took of this man over at the Oregonian Front Porch Stage which is located a bit north of the FedEx Crossroads Stage, nigh to the Rose Building (actually the historical John Yeon Building), home of the Portland Rose Festival, situated in Tom McCall Waterfront Park, home of the blues festival and lots of other outstanding outdoor events in Portland.

DSC_0550

It was his elbow that I first noticed from the chair where I sat on the aisle in front of the stage. My thought as I noticed the shape of his elbow which was right in my line of sight, "Whoa! That's guy's elbow looks like an eye." So, I took this photo--admittedly, he was more perpendicular to the ground upon first sighting, but the music of 2014 IBC winner Tim Williams got him moving. Then I noticed his hat, thank goodness.

6 comments:

Birdman said...

btw Gonna be in Portland 9/20-25. What's up?

Julie(t) said...

That photo would be one of my favorites, too!

Jack said...

Your top photo is the one I vote for.

William Kendall said...

Good hat!

Randy said...

I really like that first photo. Must have been a fun festival.

Al said...

I love that first photo with the narrow depth of field and interesting background.