Monday, January 11, 2010

Surprise Snow, December 29, 2009

The traffic waits at the intersection of SE Grand and SE Morrison. The snow falls as it had been doing since mid-afternoon. Rain had been predicted, but as I understood it from hearing something on the radio, frigid wind blew in from the east, right through the Columbia River Gorge and into Portland and other nearby areas.
DSC_0241p
Silly me--I had paid attention to the morning weather report. I had my umbrella; I left my YakTrax at home! This time of year I always wear two coats, the outer one a water-repellant coat, the inner one a fleece jacket. Thank goodness it was a wet snow and that few people had walked the sidewalk between my building and this bus stop. I could avoid compacted, slippery looking snow very easily. However, I did not feel safe enough to go to the Hollywood Theater for Charles Phoenix's Retro Holiday Slide Show. I lost the $15 I had paid for the ticket, but I didn't slide down. Ha, ha--that's sort of a pun! A little over two and a half hours after I took this photo, I walked into the apartment thanks to the skillful, determined man driving the #15 bus.

More surprise snow photos tomorrow!

4 comments:

Chuck Pefley said...

Yes, you guys did have some fun down there. Saw your plight on the news -:) Glad that's over ... until next time.

WendyB said...

Ugh, road slush!

Don and Krise said...

Here it just rained like crazy. What a mess you had.

Balaphoto said...

Nice shot!! Good job!!!


Frank
http://balapertotarreu.blogspot.com