Sunday, December 6, 2009

Whooee!! We been busy today, the Saints and me!! Whooee!!

DSC_0155p
Yippee!! Wow!! I'm tickled all gold and black and white!! Y'all Saints' fans know just what I'm talkin' about!!!!

Today I've been busy--see below after the two updates.

Mama's doing OK, not great but OK. She doesn't seem to be getting enough oxygen at the setting she's on, so we're calling tomorrow to see if we can increase it.

Duncan's at the vet to have his teeth cleaned and his semi-annual check. He needed one molar pulled, had an elevated kidney level which meant he had to have IV fluids before he could get knocked out for the teeth cleaning. He also had an elevated calcium level which could mean cancer--they called to get the OK to do an additional calcium test that might give us an answer. He's had 16+ really good years, so as emotional as it will be to lose him, we hope that we can remember that as time goes on. Maybe he's OK. I will find out more when I go to get him at 5:30 p.m.

I've made three batches of brownies today, in foil cupcake pans with paper cups to keep them from sticking (for tomorrow's building-wide pot luck), washed, dried, folded and put away two load of clothes, mopped the hardwood floors, shopped for two hours for three kids whose names I got from our Transitional School Christmas wreath at work, at Fred Meyer near Duncan's vet (I did very well, I think, getting all of each list pretty closely matched and spending only $112--Freddie's discounts and the coupons I got in the mail because I use my FM card every time I shop--hooray), helped Mama with her bath, wrapped and bagged all of the gifts, uploaded more vacation photos to my friend Kay's Walgreens' account (she and her husband are the ones who took me to Talladega). I'm tired but pleased.

Gotta go get the brownies figured out--how to get them to work safely.

3 comments:

Don and Krise said...

Good Grief Lynette! Do you ever sit down?? You must have the energy of three normal people. Or was it a triple shot mocha that did it?
I do hope everything's okay with Duncan. I'll check back to see.

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are a busy bee and I too hope Duncan gets good news. I know you will appreciate that too.

Jim Klenke said...

Busy busy, Saints 12-0 pretty good I would say. You find out how many brownies you can carry then eat the rest.

Hope everyone is getting better up there.