Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seen on the streets of Portland, No. 8

DSC_0315
Dangerous, yes. Mannerly, yes. It's easy to see which word describes which "vehicle" at the intersection of SW 10th and Morrison. It was the old car that caught my eye. What is it? I don't know. I do know that I got the serendipitous motorized wheel chair. Notice the crossing tracks on the left side of the photo--the ones going crosswise, beneath the old car, are for the Portland Streetcar. The ones going up and down, at least in the photo, are for the MAX.

6 comments:

DarrenDriven said...

It looks like an old Volvo P122. Neat photo.

Neva said...

This is a great picture! Never heard of a volvo p122.

Jill said...

You are always so observant of what most of us just overlook. Good job.

Anonymous said...

This is a VW station wagon. Circa 1968 or newer.

AVCr8teur said...

I'm surprised the person in the wheelchair didn't use the crosswalk. It looks pretty dangerous to cross in-between cars like that. Is this considered jaywheeling?

Victor said...

I hate to correct anyone but Fred is mistaken. That's a mid-sixties Volvo station wagon. I know because I used to own one almost exactly like it in robin's egg blue. Cheers from BC!